Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thank you, Jesus.

Last night as I was rocking Gabe at bedtime, I started a prayer with him that began with, "Thank you, Jesus."  We thanked Jesus for all of our loved ones and even our new fish, "Fin."  I then left a blank to see if he would fill anyone in... and he did!  He thanked Jesus for three of his in-home therapists.  This is so sweet and so needed for me to hear.  I often worry that we make him work too hard and spend too much time in therapy.  Sometimes I feel guilty and sad that instead of going to t-ball and soccer games, he is instead working very hard to learn things that come so naturally to his peers.  There are times when my husband and I drive by little league practices and notice that the children are Gabe's age.  We then sit in silence (what is there to say?) and wipe the silent tears that fall down our faces.  Our sweet boy sitting in the backseat appears oblivious to the entire occurrence.  Instead, he sits smiling and laughing to himself and appears to be completely content in that moment.  We could learn a lot from him and his outlook on life.  He never seems to feel sorry for himself and never, ever expects others to pity him or the unfair hand he has been dealt.  Yes, we could learn a lot from this special child.  Instead of wallowing in self-pity, he thanks Jesus for the very people that are helping him to have the best possible chance of a bright and productive future.  Thank you, Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment